21 November 2010

Peering underground


Just as you veer off Ham Farm Road towards Church Road and pass the entrance to Beechrow there are a couple of square metal covers and it has always been a mystery to me what secrets they kept. Until now when I had the good fortune to be passing when work was being done there.



And the revealed secrets were even more mysterious than I imagined. I thought that the covers gave little more than access to some pipes or cables and something to control them, such as a wheel handle. What I discovered instead was a large room complete with machinery that looks more likely to be to do with managing water than electricity.

1 comment:

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.