11 September 2012

Flooded path


There was a time when I knew the times of the high-tides and made a point of heading for the towpath downstream (east) of Ham House to see the highest tides rise and fall. I've spent some time stranded on benches and loved every minute of it.

But that was then and now the tides are a matter of chance, so I was caught unaware by a recent high tide that completely covered the path for several metres. The normal edge of the towpath is the line of vegetation that cuts through the middle of the picture.

A few people got past by crossing on a wobbly fallen tree while the majority, myself included, waded through in bare feet. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.