21 June 2014

Harrington Lodge in Petersham Open Gardens 2014


I was looking forward to seeing Harrington Lodge again in Petersham Open Gardens 2014 as I had only seen it once before. The front of the house I knew well as I had walked curiously along Sudbrook Lane many times.



The thick rich borders were the defining feature of the garden and because they were so long it was easy to find them without people in the way.



I was trying to avoid close-ups in my summary of Petersham Open Gardens 2014 as they could be of anywhere and I wanted to show the gardens but this one got the better of me and its begging to be included worked.



As with many gardens in the area, old brick walls were as much a part of the garden as the plants. Here the plants try to deny that but the wall still manages to peek through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.