12 June 2014

Rutland Cottage in Petersham Open Gardens 2014


A lot of Ham and Petersham is hidden behind high brick walls so it is nice to have an excuse to spy behind them.

I had walked past the wall on River Lane, near to the footpath towards the nursery and church, but had no idea what lay behind it. I was pleasantly surprised.



It was only a little garden but a lot can be done in little gardens, as this one shows. I must confess to some prejudice here as the theme of the garden was brick circles of differing heights, which is the theme of my own garden.



The owner explained that this sun-trap garden had been a swimming pool when they moved in and they definitely made the right choice in changing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.