28 July 2014

Walking into Ham Lands


One of my objectives in maintaining this blog is to celebrate the natural areas of Ham that some take for granted (because they use them so often) and that some do not know about (because they do not explore where they live).

Nature is at its most rampant in Ham Lands and that is a place a that like to roam as often s I can. Often that means starting with the green that lies between the river and Burnell Avenue.



From there I walk north-west along the towpath where Beaufort House is all but hidden by the trees at this time of the year.



Once past Teddington Lock, Ham Lands opens up. There are several large paths that run through it but I generally avoid those, preferring to take paths like this instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.