19 March 2015

A new path by Ham Common Woods


The recent butchery of Ham Common Woods has not been limited to clearing out parts of the centre, the edges have had a severe trim too.

In all the years that I have walked along Ham Gate Avenue it has never previously been possible to do so on the south side of the road and I have always used the made up path on the north side. Now the trees and bushes have been cut right back on the south side making a wide and easy path, and to prove the point I walked all the way along it.

It is only a small loss of wilderness but it is a loss and I hope that the bushes sneak back before too long and certainly well before a path gets established on that side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.