6 April 2015

Spring flowers in Ashburnham Road


The landscaping is one of the nice things about the Wates Estate and I have published many photographs of trees, squares and plants over the years. And here are some more.

I do not normally walk along this stretch of Ashburnham Road as, like almost everybody else, I usually take the short-cut past St. Richard's Church as I head from the shops towards Broughton Avenue. It was the slash of colour in the corner that made me take the longer route.



This use of flowers is not typical of the Wates Estate, where the emphasis is more on shape than colour, so I suspect that this is some guerrilla gardening from the residents. If so then they should be very pleased with what they have achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.