29 April 2016

Ensleigh Lodge, 25 Ham Common


Regular readers of this blog (there are some!) will know that I like to feature house signs. That is because they can be an attractive feature and I like to draw attention to them when I think that they are. The new sign at Ensleigh Lodge is certainly worth noting.

All of the works there in recent months have been done in sympathy with the listed building and I have had several conversations with the builders and new owner about this. That care and attention to detail covers all aspects of the work right down to one of the smallest features, the house sign.

I like that it is an unusual design with the stylish letters and numbers carved into stone and that the colour of the stone is both muted and complimentary to the other colours around it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.