3 June 2017

Sight screens on Ham Common


I was somewhat surprised when on one of my regular walks across Ham Common (23 April) I saw some construction work going on on the middle of the Common. I went back later to see what they had done and found this row of holes recovered with grass squares.

From their location is was obvious they they were there to provide support for sight screens. I always make sure not to move behind the bowler's arm but not everybody is aware of that rule.



A couple of weeks later, 6 May, I saw the sight screens in action. Also clearly visible was the new and very white boundary rope which I hope will encourage more people to respect cricket's role on the Common.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.