9 October 2017

High tide at Teddington Weir


I was walking back home from work and had just got on to Teddington Footbridge when I noticed that the tide was particularly high. The island in the centre is always a good marker of the river level as a beach is exposed at low tide.



To judge the height of the tide better I zoomed in on the weir to see how much of a drop there was between the two levels and there was not much of a drop at all. it looked to be little more than an inch. I was probably not there when the tide was at its highest either.



Looking across to the main sluices and the near parity between the two levels was even more obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Comments are moderated only to keep out the spammers and all valid comments are published, even if I disagree with them.